Sunday, July 10, 2005

Woke Up This Morning...

I'm climbing out of bed. I'm reaching for my big fluffy robe, wrapping it around me. My brain is still fuzzy.

'Mom, I did something that's going to make you upset, but I'm very sorry!'

Ah. Surprise surprise. 'What did you do?'

'I ate some of the second layer of cake you made for today.'

Fully awak, I run into the kitchen, where I have laid out two layers of cake in preparation for icing, as today is my younger son's birthday party.

I now have one and a half layers.

'Sorry mom, I was hungry and I just didn't think.'

Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

What the heck is a logical consequence for THAT?

And what the heck am I gonna do for a birthday cake?

4 comments:

parenting books said...

Hi Jewel, I've been surfing the net for some information on step parenting . I had a look at this site on step parenting , but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. And then I came across "Woke Up This Morning...". Great blog - it kept me reading for a while! So I thought maybe you might have some ideas on good sites to visit? If not, don't worry, but thanks for reading anyway. Keep up the good work.

Jewel said...

Wow. Glad you liked the read. That motivates me to write more often.

My sister is recently become a step-parent, and I know she has done a bunch of research. She probably knows some good sites. I'll look into it and get back to ya :)

step parenting said...

Hi Jewel,
Your enlightment on Woke Up This Morning... makes me smile :-)
It has changed my thinking, which is a good input for my search on the lastest info on single parenting .

Thanks!!

parenting advice said...

Hi Jewel,

... twinkles in my eyes ... thanks to your blog Woke Up This Morning....
CAn I make a comment? Keep going on with your blogging info and thoughts.
It provokes some interesting thought and inspiration during my long lonely search on parenting tips .
Thanks again.