Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Dum de Dum

School's out. The garden is blooming. So far nothing has been irrevocably damaged around my home.

I bought my son a t-shirt that says, 'Here Comes Trouble'. I think it's the most appropriate shirt he could ever wear.

Not that he's nothing but trouble; but he's a jokester at best, loving a good prank, and he's full-blown no impulse control ADHD at worst. Either way it's trouble.

It occurs to me that I haven't posted much positive about my life, or my children.

I think that is mainly because the reason I post here at all is to put a bit of a comic spin on the events of my life, as a sort of relief to myself.

And so, I don't often post when I'm just feeling that warm and fuzzy 'I love my kids' kind of feeling.

But I do love my kids. My life is so much richer for having them. I have learned more about myself and life and patience and humanity and relationships and...well, everything...through my interactions with my children. Not to mention that they give me a purpose. And raising a child to be a competent, content adult who is achieving his potential is probably the most important purpose I can imagine.

Fingers crossed I can achieve that goal.

0 comments: