Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Success Today

Today was a pretty decent day.

Despite a 48-hour suspension from his bus (stemming from an incident last week I didn’t have the energy to blog about), Coram was able to have a successful day at school. I had to drive him in, and that means he misses the first half an hour because of timing of dropping Lucas off. We have never once had a successful day after I drove Coram to school.

But today, we did.

It wasn’t easy. I had to spend some time in his classroom, answering questions and letting him show me around, but he did get to the point where he gave me a high-five, a hug and a kiss, and I left.

I spent the day doing some housework and resting, I’m still pretty sick.

When I picked Coram up, his teacher said he had an awesome afternoon. Despite making a face and saying he didn’t want to do work, he was the first in his class to be finished. Coram was beaming.

We picked Lucas up and came home, and they hung out together. They played some cars, watched some TV, and messed about with my new raspberry hand cream. I didn’t really mind – they just wanted to use a bit because they liked the smell.

I’m sure it won’t be long that my sons will want to smell like raspberries, so I should enjoy it while I’ve got it.

IN the evening, as Coram got tired, he began shouting at me again about my ‘sleepy voice’. I just stopped talking to him. Steve and Lucas both stood up for me. I really don’t know how to handle the ‘sleepy voice’ issue, since I can’t change my voice and I don’t believe I deserve to be screamed at.

But it was only an hour or so of torture, which, in the scheme of things, is a good day.

Steve started a blog today with computer tech advice. I am trying to figure out some of the editing so that it doesn’t show the ‘about me’ info. If anyone has any tips, I’d love to hear them.

0 comments: