Friday, September 08, 2006

The saga continues…

Yesterday at the orthodontist, I am not proud to say I resorted to threats of consequences to get Lucas to allow them to put the expander in his mouth. The final consequence I had offered was taking away his gameboy,.

I am not proud of it, but I upped the ante and told him I would have to sell it to pay for the wasted expander. The orthodontist said not to sell it, just to give it to her. So that was what we agreed.

We went back the today for another try, bringing the gameboy. Lucas this time refused to even lie back on the chair. We spent an hour and a half trying to talk him into it. The orthodontist said she usually would not bother after one refusal, but it was so important for bone graft.

We left without the expander, or the gameboy.

I am at a loss. I don’t like using threats to get my kids to do things, and it feels that much worse that it didn’t even WORK.

He can have the gameboy back if he decides to go in next week and put the expander in.

The orthodontist isn’t really interested in keeping the gameboy, she just wanted to impress upon him how serious this is. She said that even if we don’t get the expander in, he can come and apologize to them all next week and have the gameboy back.

I feel like a candidate for the worst mother of the year award.

0 comments: