Monday, June 04, 2007

So much....

The last couple of weeks have gone super fast, and there is so much going on, it's hard to know where to start.

We wrapped up Lucas's psycho-educational assessment and had the feedback meeting. They diagnosed him with a written output disorder, and made all sorts of great recommendations. I can't wait to get the official written report and start working with the teachers.

The kids both got Fifth's Disease from school, which is relatively minor unless your immunes system is compromised. Which, apparently, being two months post bone graft counts, and Lucas got really sick with brings me to my next point...

Lucas has pneumonia. He is doing much better this week than last week, but I am very amazed at how sick he really was. He could barely walk, and he had huge dark circles under his eyes, and his cough was this deep, gurgly rumble. Now he sounds better, but he is very easily tired. The doctor said that the lungs still sounds pretty sick, but that his energy is up which is good. I gather we can expect this to take a long time to heal. He went back to school today with an inhaler and cough drops and instructions to take it easy on him in gym class.

My childcare job is going well. I really love being around babies again. Today I had baby Christopher and his three year old sister. It was her first day here, and she was so good. I am going to love having these two little ones around.

My other new job, merchandising, starts tomorrow. I have done about three full days of training, have my handheld unit ready to go, and am still sure I'll fall flat on my face tomorrow. The good thing is, the boss expects that, too, and will help me get back up on my feet.


I think that's it. I'll try to update in more detail soon.

1 comments:

business broker said...

The title absolutely fit for this post.Good article.