Sunday, April 22, 2007

Good Bye, Oral Surgeon !

We went to see Lucas' oral surgeon on Thursday for a follow up on the bone graft. The surgeon was very happy with how everything is healing. He said he can tell Lucas has been doing a really good job keeping his mouth clean, and that he has no worries.

The oral surgeon doesn't need to keep seeing us, apparently. We just go back to our regular appointments with the orthodontist. We have one booked for May, so I guess we get a couple of weeks free of orthodontic work. Yeeeeee haw!

We are finishing up the psycho educational evaluation at Children's. They wanted to save the social part of the evaluation until after surgery, because his pre-surgery anxieties would have skewed the results. So, we have been back twice, and on Monday I have an appointment with just me, and then we have to do a feedback session.

I'm not sure what would be worse: if they tell me there is something really wrong, or if they tell me there is nothing wrong (because then it would all seem like my fault for mis-parenting). So, I'm a bit on the edge of my seat about the whole thing.

2 comments:

Joni said...

I'm a new visitor to your blog. I saw your name on the "notes inside my head" blog. (Isn't she funny?)

I saw on your profile that your younger son has been diagnosed with "high functioning" autism. Our oldest son is "high functioning" Aspberger's syndrome.

I love the upbeat way you share your life on your blog!

Jewel said...

Hi Joni - thanks for your comment :) Sometimes I don't feel that upbeat, but I do try. I'm going to go head over to your blog now, it's always so helpful to know other parents going through similar things.