Monday, September 06, 2010

This Must Be A Joke

I'm laughing. Someone just left the funnies joke in the comments of my Progressive Blog Hop post. She left this today, after the download links expired:

you--and the other designers--have NO business expiring links! what if the retired kit is something someone really needs? you are not to do that anymore, all of you. re-activate your links and keep them up! >:(

I'd decided this person must be joking. Surely no one would seriously feel that they have the right to tell me - and other designers - what they do and do not have a right to do with their own designs.

And surely no one seriously thinks that any digital scrapbook supplies are something someone really needs? We all know that digital scrapbookking is a luxury, an extra, not a need.

No one could possibly think that they have a right to tell me, or any other designers, that they have to put their links back up and keep them up.

Surely everyone understands that things given away for blog trains, challenges, or RAKS, are given away on the terms of the person who created them.

I was a freebie hunter once too, and I understood that some freebies would be expired by the time I found them. And I understood that some really great things were free for short periods of time, and I was lucky to find some and unlucky to miss others.

So thanks, Anonymous, for the funny joke you left in my comments today.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Kendra said...

You crack me up Jewel! I am so glad for your generosity and great sense of humor!

Jewel said...

Thanks Kendra! I am so glad I got to know you, too :D

Anonymous said...

Yeah. It's gotta be a joke.

Nikki O said...

rotf -- that's nuts! i sure hope it was a joke, but i fear that there are actually people out there with that mindset. smh, lol.

Jen said...

LOL - that's funny! Seriously - someone got mad because you didn't continue to keep something up for free! That's nuts.

Jewel said...

LOL thanks for your support ladies :)

kelly said...

I'm sure it was a joke. It is pretty disappointing to find a treasure with an expired link though. The problem with comments and letters and such is that you miss the intonations!

Jewel said...

I know it is disappointing, I have been there:(

It's a delicate balance though when we are promoting ourselves and our stores, to not have so many freebies up so long that we make buying our own stores redundant.

I do still have my other blog train link up, that will be up all month :)

villas said...

This was so amusing. how do people get time for all this nonsense? I am glad you put it up for our amusement and amazement. keep writing.

Lukasmummy said...

*snort* seems like someone fell out of the stupid tree, whacked their head on the way down on the selfish tree and landed hard on their butt on the people like me shouldn't be allowed on the internet floor. Sorry you had to deal with that Jewel ((hugs)).

kline said...

Yikes!!...so glad you find the "humor" in that ungrateful temper tantrum of a display! It's a complement that they thought so much of your work to be upset about not being able to get it for free, right?!! Oh my...

Kendra said...

If someone was that disappointed they missed the kit they should have asked how they could purchase it/when it would be available in your store. If it were THAT necessary for a current project and was no longer a freebie that is what I would do.

debbie said...

((lol) time after time. Some people just don't know how to be greatful. the quote,, biting the hand that feeds you fits this person. I'm so grateful for all the freebies that you and all the other designers provide me. I don't have a bit of artistic abilites so i really rely on all the wonderful designers who provide me with so many wonderful goodies. thankfully such mean comments are not taken seriously.

marsie55 said...

Oh my goodness, what a wally that person is ... I'm just grateful that people put up freebies at all !! lol .. love Lukasmummy comment .. gonna have to keep that one in my stash of retorts (I'm sure I'll find a use for it!) xxx

doppa60 said...

hehehe. hey wait! that was me! put 'em back up NOW! lol. j/k. so funny. loved the laugh! thanks.

Anonymous said...

First of all thank you for the Fall Carnival. I work in an aquarium place, sounds like she is related or is the guest that got mad because we did not have an area where you could pet and feed the Sharks.

carla

Old Hindi Songs said...

I agree with Kendra,
you made the day!

giatocj said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I now have you bookmarked!! Anyone that can make me laugh so hard this early in the morning is someone I need to keep visiting!!! Thanks for the great laugh AND for your part of the Fall Festival kit!!

knittinjen said...

ahahaah! I wish I could just tell people what to do like that - and they'd do it. They had to have been joking, right? AS a joke, it's hilarious. If they really meant that - geez, that's hilarious, too!

Thao said...

I just broke down laughing :)

gout water said...

Hi
Really its fuuny joke!

Wholesale Clothes Online said...

The sender might be joking to lighten up the post in your blog. Good thing you took it as a compliment.

deed search said...

Very hilarious! Sometimes we are confused whether someone meant something a joke or not. But honestly, when it's hilarious if they really meant it. Love your post!