Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Another Layout

I am doing a photo a day, so far so good, but not going to post them every day.


Here is a layout I did of today's photo, which I think is worth sharing. It's not a flashy LO, but I think it's perfect.



Credits: The papers are a freebie from Dragonfly Designs currently being given away on the Brownie Scraps blog. I had to make the cream grid paper from the pack a solid cream to make the journalling readable.The hearts are from I Love My Cat by Annies Little Footprints, but I recolored the cream heart.I used Hummies paper tears that she gave us for ADSR 4 .Font is PC Brita.

Journalling reads:

I took you for a private assessment because the school said you were just misbehaving, but I knew it was more than that. I thought maybe you had a learning disorder. I was stunned when the psychologist suggested we do an Autism assessment, and even more stunned when the diagnosis came in. It wasn't news I wanted to hear. The good thing is that once we had an accurate diagnosis, we could learn how to help you - and how to fight with the school and the doctors so they would help you too.

10 comments:

Jane Shaver said...

I like it. I like how the wood looks like a desk. I like how the "Autism Assessment" is torn, and how his photos cover the diagnosis---the autism is part of him, but it's not the most important. I like how the hearts are so prominent. It captures perfectly your feelings for Coram, I like the use of the portrait photos too...it all works together to show the formal reality of your life with him. (Rather than your day to day life.) You're such a good mom.

BTW, I'm really impressed that you are taking on this challenge to do a page every day. My challenge is just to take enough photos in a year so that I can make a calendar for my parents. I almost didn't do it this year.

Love, Jane

Jewel Goodwin said...

Wow Jane you SO got everything I was going for. I am glad it all came across the way I wanted it to.

I think I take too many photos sometimes:)

Samantha said...

Hi Jewel...I just wanted you to know that the info you left on DigiScraps for me regarding Creative Memories and png files was very helpful. I did what you said and it worked! Thanks so much!

I briefly read your profile and I am sorry about your life challenges. Having two boys probably keeps you as busy as you would like to be (I know as I have 3 boys). And then life comes along and throws you a curve ball. My youngest son was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes at the age of 5 (3 1/2 years ago). It brings along
'behavioral' issues amongst many others. The love of your child will keep you going and you will accomplish more than you ever thought you could. In the end, you will be so empowered! Keep reaching out and stay strong!

Jewel Goodwin said...

Thanks Samantha - you are right, the love of your child keeps you going. Glad the Storybook tips helped, and keep in touch!

Simply Sarah said...

Great job with your layouts and challenges! It really does help us.

Thanks for the comment on the speed scrap at go digitial. I posted the info on my blog.

Alice said...

a didn’t play video games on the computer I was too busy taking computers, remote control cars, and robots apart and putting them back together. Personally I cannot stand girls playing with Barbies, what a waste of time.

T3R3SA said...

Very cool!!

T3R3SA said...

Very cool!!

SEO Services said...

keep up the good work. it shows a true picture of Madness or Genius? Or Both? I think there is a slite difference in this. it catches your feelings for that.

Thomas said...

Isn't there a thin line between a genius and madman . If you cross the line you are on the other extreme so it;s best to stay in between.