Tuesday, November 04, 2008

All This and a Blog Too?


Ya, so, um... *cough* ... I’m a bad blogger. I’m sorry, I do have the best intentions. You wouldn’t believe how many blogs I compose in my head as I am busy driving, or just falling asleep. I come up with a witty title and starter paragraph, and I think ‘I’ll blog this as soon as I get home/wake up tomorrow/finish bedtime with the kids/{random activity here}’

But life, for me, is a series of chasing time, being late, leaving important things unfinished, and leaving hobbies un-started. Ok we all know parenting is non-stop, but I do have a couple of other things in the mix:

- I have a child with Autism (insert regular medical appointments, school meetings, therapy, and dealing with tantrums)

- I have a child with a cleft lip and palate, anxiety disorder and ADHD (insert more regular medical appointments, school meetings and therapy, and dealing with constant activity and desire to climb things not created for climbing – like furniture, walls, door frames, and small animals)

- I have my own struggles with depression (insert weekly appointments and a desire to hide in bed all day)

- I am working closely with a very busy parenting resource to build and market it (insert 40 hrs + of online time, and staying on top of 4 different email accounts)

- I work 15 to 17 hours a week out of the home (insert drive time and prep time, too)

And so I suggest to you, dear reader, that I have many very good reason to be a bad blogger. I hope you understand. I do my best, and I know many of you wish I’d update more often, and I will try to do better. But I can’t promise it will get much better than this.

12 comments:

fixed deposits said...

No problem buddy just cheer up. Its part of life. If there wouldn't have been any struggle and troubles in life then think how boring it would have been. Enjoy your life then i am sure you will be able to take out time for up dation of your blog and do it very nicely.

American Fork Utah Auto said...

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and have a perfect reason not to blog. Hopefully everything gets taken care of and you can get back and caught up. We do like when there is new content.

videos gratis said...

I do not see that you are an bad blogger, Is my second visit and I like, good luck.

science worksheets said...

I think you forget that blogging is more for you than it is for us. It should be something you do when you want to or when you need to talk about something, not because you have to produce a post for the readers.
You have a lot going on as do most moms and we really understand.

Mood enhancer said...

I have no idea how you even can squeeze in a job for 15 hours with all that! I know exactly what you mean about blogging though. It seems to hit you at the weirdest times. I actually started to carry about a mini recorder and tape things that come to mind so I can use later. It also frees up your mind knowing that you have it somewhere.

Abdul Muqeet said...

cheer up... life would be damn boring if it never had lows !!

isbor said...

You have to think of blogging like a way to get your problems out of the system. In some cases you can probably get some useful help from the readers too. And as another commenter said, the blogging is most for your own pleasure, not for ours.

voip review said...

well I guess life has some thing new and unique every moment. So utilize your time and be happy. Blogging is fantastic activity. I like your post thanks.

Promotional Items said...

Its part of life........

Ed Penano said...

Take care of yourself first. So don't worry about your reasoning of being a bad blogger. The joy of this is, you can get right back on it...

Cell Phone GPS said...

ohh com on its part of life. We have to face many ups and downs. Combination of these ups and downs is life. I love your blog. Thanks for entertaining us.

moving boxes said...

hi there� yeah I agree you are a perfect blogger. Thanks for a lovely post and keep coming with such posts. Cheers.