Friday, August 22, 2008

Square Pizza Night

It’s not clear to me when the tradition started. Maybe it was the kids fighting over the television (AGAIN), or the kitchen full of dirty dishes (AGAIN), or that fact that we were both exhausted after a full week in the trenches (ALWAYS) but somehow we launched a family tradition: Pizza Fridays.

Now in case you are thinking of chiming in here with, ‘But pizza once a week isn’t healthy!’ let me just stop you now. It has bread, vegetables, dairy, and sometimes meat. I have it from a nutritionist that it is actually considered a healthy food choice, depending on what is on it (and we don’t load it with high fat meats.) And that makes it good enough for me.

So, after we established the tradition, we embarked on the laborious of mission of Perfecting the Pizza Friday. We ordered from various local restaurants, and we have a few standby favourites, but we have always been up to trying something new. So when I was at my local grocery store one day, and saw a nice bunch of Airmiles attached to a pizza (I am an Airmiles addict, but that’s another story) I decided to give it a try. It was a fresh, bake-it-yourself style pizza, and it was square.

I’m not sure if it was the shape of the pizza, the taste of it, or the fact that it was something we had never tried before, but it was a hit. Fresh from our oven, fit perfectly onto a cookie sheet, and really good sauce. So (for now at least) we have a new tradition: Square Pizza Fridays.

Want a piece?


20 comments:

forex said...

wow that looks amazing! Was it expensive? And I agree with you whole heatedly, pizza can be healthy, so more to a fun family tradition

Jewel Goodwin said...

Nope, not expensive at all:) And tasty too.

solar panel said...

It looks delicious!I wish i could eat something like thatlol

Debt Consolidation said...

I love pizza. thanks for the tasty pic. lol.

Buy a small business said...

nothing to say...simply it watering my mouth.

Sunil Sood said...

That is very cool…post more

Doppstadt said...

Great Article.Thanks for sharing. Keep posting like this wonderful post.

Number Ninety said...

I like to get those bake it yourself pizzas but don't order extra toppings where I buy the pizza because they charge too much. Instead, I get a bell pepper, an onion, cheese and stuff like that at the grocery store where it's cheaper. You can add all kinds of extra toppings and cheese without spending a lot.

Persian Cats said...

I never try this one but looking very tasty. Thanks

Nicole Weeverink said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debt Consolidation said...

God!All this pictures just made me go hungry again..

MP3sale review said...

mumma mia!!!..this pizza looks awesome..i am hungry :(

MP3sale review said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Style PA said...

How funny, my boyfriend and I have pasta Fridays. This week was chicken and mozzarella, last week was tuna pasta bake and next week is carbonara.

Yum yum!

Andrew Green said...

Drooling very nice to see that ...Need to have that ...
After reading it i am going to order that

steve Jenkins said...

Yummy looks great, do you deliver?

alice cooper said...

Can we call it a pizza if it isn't round?

Limoeg said...

This pizz looks different from the other.I would like to taste it because I love to eat pizza.

Webmasters Forum said...

Pizza Fridays .. I think it could be a great idea . Actually i do not like pizzas .. but something like this is welcomed.

Kristian Liebrand said...

I like to get those bake it yourself pizzas but don't order extra toppings where I buy the pizza because they charge too much. Instead, I get a bell pepper, an onion, cheese and stuff like that at the grocery store where it's cheaper.