Monday, March 31, 2008

Pine Nuts In My Cereal

Ok so I admit I wanted my title to get your attention. But I also really do have pine nuts in my cereal. It’s granola, actually, and is surprisingly tasty. I picked it up yesterday at Portobello West, where we were promoting yoyomama. The booth next to us was for the Granola Girl, and she had samples. I don’t think I would have bought homemade granola if it weren’t for those samples. This stuff is sooooo good. And she packages some bags with bigger pieces so you can just grab a chunk and go. And no, I am not being paid to write this. I just really like my granola today.

Things with the family are on a pretty even keel these days. Coram’s new school is great, and he is settling in – finally! This week will be his first week of full dayss We have been adding gradually and I am so thrilled that we are finally here. So much for two weeks of half days (which was the plan in September). I am stunned really when I look back at how difficult the fall/winter was for us. But here we are in Spring – complete with sun, blooms, hail and snow (yes, really). I guess it truly is a time for new beginnings, and Coram is having one.
Lucas has an appointment with his ENT (Ear Nose and Throat Doctor) in a couple of weeks where we will find out if he still has fluid behind the one ear drum, and if we need to go in and put a new set of tubes in. He really notices the fluid, and I really notice he has hearing loss, so I am pretty sure I know what the answer will be. But we’ll just wait and see before we freak out about an upcoming anaesthetic on a boy with needle phobia.

I have been working a LOT. I still merchandise DVDs, but have added merchandising for Kodak into the mix. Also, yoyomama is doing very well and I am trying to focus a good chunk of time per week on that, too. I don’t get to see my pseudo-third-baby as much as I used to, and I miss him a lot. He is walking now, but still in that stage where he looks like a slight breeze would topple him over. Legs wide, arms out to the side for balance, and of course a huge proud grin on his face. I really enjoy our time with him, and Lucas tells me he wishes Christopher was his real baby brother. So sweet.

So that’s the update. I feel bad I am not able to blog more these days, but as I like to say these days, ‘It is what it is.’

23 comments:

Adoption Center said...

o_O you're alive again! i like honey bunches of oats but im not sure id go so far as to put put nuts in my cereal :D
~Mike

JuLia said...

hai.

nice blog and nice writing.
keep it up and happy blogging.

cheers~

Foreclosure Lists said...

MMM Those pine nuts sounds absolutely delicious! I am check out the sites you linked to now, thanks!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gewinnspiel said...

Some days ago I decided that I will start my personal blog. Thats why I am visiting some blogs for experience. But what I found you know ? Blogging is so tough and you really do so well. so keep it up.

Jenna said...

The title definitely grabbed my attention! : ]

ntfs datenrettung said...

I love eat pine nuts If It granola.Its look good and tasty too.

Photobuch said...

Hope you will back soon. we are waiting for your next post. and thanks for your information.

Sell My HOme said...

Both madness and genius is happening in general activities.

akademiker krankenversicherung said...

I know what the answer will be. But we’ll just wait and see before we freak out about an upcoming anaesthetic on a boy.

Mark Klein said...

It’s the practice of a lot many bloggers to attract people by giving good title to their blog and discussing some other thing n the article. This practice is followed by a lot many people to mislead others and attract them to their blog.

Nintendo NDS Games said...

wow its been long since you last posted. :)

Patrick Everett said...

I'm more of a granola bar nut myself, particularly Quaker's granola bars. Just a couple of bars for breakfast and I'm ready for the day.

italy30 said...

madness because genius ;(

organic gifts said...

You should blog more often, I enjoy reading :)

I love the granola cereals as well, have a bowl every morning.

Business voip said...

i've been eating my cereal with pine nuts since I was a child. I absolutely love pine nutes, i can eat them with anything.

travel business agent said...

I've been working a lot too! As a home based travel agent working from home in the travel agnet business industry, things do get busy. I can relate in that regard.

self help persona said...

I like to have apple jacks, honeycomb, and cheerios :).

Chan sui said...

Nice blogging, will come back.

Lipsense said...

It’s the practice of a lot many bloggers to attract people by giving good title to their blog and discussing some other thing n the article. This practice is followed by a lot many people to mislead others.

CNC Lathe said...

Just a couple of bars for breakfast and I'm ready for the day. I love the granola cereals as well, have a bowl every morning.

denny said...

pine nuts .. ..
not my favorite snacks thought.
i still don't know why my son like it much.

Hostmonster Review said...

pine nuts!!! i love them!!!