Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yoyomama

For those of you who don't know, I work Saturdays at a local baby shop, which used to be called Discount Diapers and has recently been renamed KG Kids.

I have worked there for about four years now. It's hard to believe that much time has passed, but it has. Over those years, I have made some really good friends. These are people who came in when pregnant with their first child, and are now parenting their second or further children. I really think of time passing when I see a three year old whom I 'met' while she was in utero.

In truth, the main reason I keep that job is for the friendships I make there. I love spending time with other moms, and I like to think I may have some good 'been there, done that' advice to offer along the way.

One of my customer-come-friends moved to a townhouse just at the end of our block. Since then, she has had her second baby, written a book, and launched a website. Her name is Annemarie, and she is a truly amazing woman, one of the most committed parents I know. She literally devours parenting books on all topics, and is an excellent resource.

Recently she approached me about a second website she has launched, called Yoyomama. From the site:

'At yoyomama we know mums are not a renewable resource so we’re making your life less yoyo-like with weekday hits of helpful, hip info delivered directly to your inbox.'

Annemarie writes with an engaging, conversational voice that makes you feel like you just sat down to coffee and a biscuit with her and are shooting the breeze. Yet, she offers excellent information along the way.

I encourage any and all of you to check out Yoyomama, and join the list. You'll see me poking around there a bit, too.

0 comments: