Monday, June 04, 2007

Taking a Real Look at the Sky

Yesterday I was up at moms, and she had an old plastic telescope she wasn't using. It really wasn't strong enough or designed right to aim up at the sky (not surprising given the low price). It did get me thinking again that I'd like to get a telescope for the boys.

So, I did a little research online today. I found this cool gadget at meade telescopes that is a telescope and SO much more. It has an LCD screen, which you can point and 'shoot' at the stars and it will identify them for you. It's called the Meade My Sky Personal Video Planetarium. To me it's more like a personal Astronomy professor.

I remember my step dad used to have a telescope. Beside it he had stacks of books, and when he saw something interesting, he would have to go and reference all the books to try to find a name for it, and learn about it. Interesting, true, but very time consuming. You tend to lose interest because it requires so much effort.

I'm completely sure that if I had this point and click telescope, I'd be fascinated with the stars, and would spend hours with the kids learning about them.

Too cool.

This post has been sponsored.

0 comments: