Thursday, June 28, 2007

Last Day of School

Coram's last day of school was yesterday, and Lucas's was today. They are both moving to different schools next year, so the last day is that much more final. Coram had no real reaction, which is not unusual as he doesn't seem to express those kinds of emotions – he has two emotional states, and they are 'just fine' and 'totally freaked out'. So, the end of the school year wasn't enough to cause a freak out, so he was fine.

Lucas was pretty sad. He had a little cry in the car on the way home, sad that he would never see Queen Elizabeth Annex again. I reminded him we can go and have a visit on a day where his new school has a professional day but the Annex doesn't. He seemed to like that. They had an assembly where they showed a nice sideshow of the year in pictures, and Lucas found that made him a bit sad.

Both boys are anxious about going to Nightingale. I'm anxious to get into the summer swing of things. I don't do well with transitions and shake ups (gee, maybe that's where my kids get it from?) I want to be settled into our summer routine so I can relax. The long weekend will be nice, but I'll be happy to settle into the weekly camp routine.

Maybe we'll fire up the barbecue this weekend. That is, of course, providing the weather can stay nice for more than an hour at a time. Barbecued chicken. Yum.

0 comments: