Monday, June 18, 2007

Feeling Glum Today

I'm not really sure why, but today I am feeling blue.

I have been super busy these past two weeks, with no time to think at al. It may just be that with some down time today, I am at a loss for what to do, so I feel glum.

Or it may be the impending end of school for the boys. Both boys are leaving their current schools, which is in many ways the end of an era. Though there are some things I have been unhappy with at each school, overall I will miss both places.

Lucas has been with his school for 4 years. It's a big chapter in his life. Many of the teachers treat him like family, and I know it will be a loss to not have them in our lives.

Corams' school, though with us only a year and a half, has had such a positive impact on his life, it's hard to imagine saying goodbye. His teachers and support staff have been committed to helping him, and have made huge progress. To me, they have been like friends on this journey with my special boy.

Similarly, the psychologist who did Lucas's assessment, as well as the help surrounding the surgery anxieties and some upcoming training with decision making, will be finished her internship at the end of July, and will vanish into the ether.

So, I guess it's a lot of goodbyes. I do look forward to the new relationships we will develop at the new school. I am very excited about walking them to and from school, and being freed from two hours a day in the car. I am sure there will be some very special teachers and friends for us there, too.

Still, endings are always hard.

0 comments: